Master of Education (B.Ed)
DURATION : MINIMUM 2 YEARS / MAXIMUM 4 YEARS
MEd or Master of Education is a master degree course that deals with the study of new methods of teaching and educational research. The programme focuses on different aspects of education including instruction, curriculum, counselling, leadership, and educational technology. The regulatory body in charge of the MEd programme is National Council of Higher Education (NCHE).
MEd is typically of two years duration divided into four semesters. However, some universities/ colleges also offer one-year duration MEd programme. The course is offered in various subjects and specialisations.
Candidates can pursue MEd in distance education and regular mode. After the completion of MEd course, candidates can choose to work not only as teachers but also counsellors, administrators, head masters, etc.
- Candidates who meet the below-mentioned parameters fulfill eligibility criteria for MEd:
- Candidates should clear BEd (Bachelor of Education) from a recognised college/ university
- Candidates should clear BEd with the minimum required percentage (usually 50% – 60%) stipulated by the institution in which a candidate is applying
- Candidates possessing BElEd (Bachelor of Elementary Education) or BAEd (BA Education)/ BScEd (BSc Education)/ MScEd (MSc Education) degree are sometimes also eligible to apply for the course depending on the policy of the institution in which they are applying
- Additional weightage is sometimes given to candidates possessing postgraduate degree in Sciences/ Social Sciences/ Humanities, teaching experience, and experience working in State Board of Secondary and Senior Secondary Education or Directorate/ Inspectors of Education in the states